Sunday, January 22, 2006

Finished Object - Leaves and Mohair Scarf


(Click on Image for Larger View)

Yarn: Rowan KidHaze (70% Super Kid mohair30% Silk) and Berroco Cotton Twist (70% Mercerized Cotton, 30% Rayon)
Time: Way too long - probably 2 months off and on
Inspiration: Vogue Knitting Spring/Summer Issue Mohair and Leaves Scarf
Needles: Size 5
Yardage: Not quite a full skeing of KidHaze and barely any of the Berroco Cotton Twist yarn


This scarf was a bear for me because of the 3 color yarn for the leaves. They slowed down the knitting because I kept twisting them as I knit. Very annoying. I have to say it was a pretty fun pattern seeing the leaves materialize in the kid haze background. I think I will prefer to wear it this way like a Neckerchief because it rolls despite my blocking, which admittedly I am not that great at. The last pic is with my sister again. She is modeling one of my earlier projects.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

gorgeous scarf! great job... it's quite inspiring. i may just have to add this one to my "to knit" list!

Chrissy said...

Found the link on crafster... =D

Awesome scarf! It looks soft yet pretty at the same time. Great job!