Sunday, January 14, 2007

FO: Easy Peasy Bag



Yarn: Louisa Harding Sari Ribbon Camel/Red 05

Inspiration: Louisa Harding Easy Peasy Bag
Needles: Size 15
Yardage: 2 skeins
Modifications: None
Enjoyment Factor: 5
  • The Good:
    • Very easy as it is just a seamed rectangle on 15s. The ribbon is really pretty and I got it during a great sale at Tall Mouse for $2.94 a skein.
    • My hand stitching went well although tedious. The yarn made my stitching look even better because you can barely see any traces.
  • The Bad:
    • The hand stitching of the lining. One of the major reasons this was not finished back in September when I started was the lining. I HATE do not like hand stitching that much so the prospect of doing the whole lining with the fraying satin fabric was just not that appealing. Here enters my new sewing machine, which made the seaming of the side and a reinforcement seam to stop the fraying much more satisfying to my psyche.
    • My seaming is a little off on one side so that the handles do not stay perfectly aligned, however, that will be fixed right after this post.
  • The Ugly: The amount of time it took me to finish this project. I found this project while reorganizing my yarn. This was in a bag at the bottom of another bag on the side of my couch. THIS is just one more reason I need not accumulate more yarn. This was suppose to be the simple distraction knit. I guess it was but not this time. Other than the timing, there was nothing too bad on the finished project. It is simple and I like it. Will I use it?Mmmm probably not, but my sister likes it so it may be a present to her.
Knit Time: September 24 - January 13 (Actually knitting and seaming time about 4-5 hours maybe. Pretty sad huh?!)

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

It may be easy peasy but it sure looks great!

Thanks for joining the YFC, could you please e-mail me (basilbirdy@hotmail.com) your e-mail address. Thanks.