Sunday, January 22, 2006

Finished Object - Peacock Shrug



Yarn: Noro Lotus (57% Rayon/23% Nylon/12% Acrylic/8% Cashmere)
Time: About 3 days knitting, 4 weeks sitting before becoming a shrug
Inspiration: Filatura Di Crosa 127 Print Crochet-Look Capelet
Needles: Size 19
Yardage: 3 skeins = 165 yards

This project definitely go a second life as I was going to frog it on Wednesday. I really love the yarn and the colors so I wanted to accentuate the color changes. It started as the Crochet-look capelet from Filatura Di Crosa but I didn't think I would ever wear it. So I tried it on one more time and then thought...wow I could make a shrug. Then i thought hey cool scarf....hence the dual life of a once froggable creation. Now this is my favorite accessory. May I present...Peacock.

4 Comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning! Great work.

Anonymous said...

I love it!!

Anonymous said...

love it! love it! love it!`

Rose said...

Hi! Can I please ask how many stitches you cast on? I have some beautiful ribbon yarn that I want to make a shrug out of, and this looks like the way to do it!