Saturday, February 04, 2006

Yarn Brings a Family Together

So a lot has happened over the week that I have not had time to blog about.


First great thing, I met the Long Beach Stitch and Bitch Group on Wednesday. I found out about them from a fellow blogger and had to meet some local knitsters. It was absolutely wonderful. It was nice just getting together with some other people in the area to discuss everything knit and much much more. Can't wait for next Wednesday or the Wednesday after that or....


Second,I finished my Clapotis scarf/shawl. I will post pictures soon.


Third, Tall Mouse is having a Super Bowl sale. Today was 20% off your purchase and tomorrow is 40% off one item. This is where my family comes in. I have enlisted everyone, including my 10 year old niece to buy me yarn tomorrow as the 40% off coupon is for one person, one visit, one receipt. I may be late to the game, but I just discovered the Tall Mouse, which is in between a yarn shop and a Michaels. They have Noro and Louisa Harding Angora yarn so I must break my stashbusting and increase the stash. I already did by buying more yarn at $1.99.





I am so bad...


Lastly, I got my Peacock Shawl yarn today in the mail and am just waiting for the pattern to land in my mailbox. The color was not really what I expected, a little more plain blue than I thought, but it will do.


So that is the weekly update of all things knit..

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Yarn sale? Scary thing. I hope you come back to SnB with us!