Thursday, November 23, 2006

Things I am Thankful for in 2006

  • I am thankful for my friend V who let me spend this gluttonous holiday with her and her family. The food was excellent and she prepared it using my first sewing project - the apron. Here are some "America's Next Top Model" shots for you.

No, she does not normally practice ballet while cooking.
The camera makes people do crazy things

  • I am thankful for all the food that we were blessed to have on this day. I was especially thankful that V's mother cooked greens which is a very southern, african american food that just rings in the holidays for me. She made a good pot of collards and candied yams to go with it. MAN!! I am hungry again just thinking about it.

I could only get one set of models to look at a time


Look at all that great food and that wasn't even half of it!
  • I am thankful for all my family and friends that presumably forgave the fact that I was so late in calling them for the customary well wishing on this holiday of thanks. I am so bad at this that I have to call my brother today, the day AFTER Thanksgiving because my cell phone ran out...or at least that is the excuse and I am sticking with it!
  • I am also thankful for yet another year of good health - minus the two months of bronchitus that I am still not over - and the great things that I have accommoplished both in life and craft :O)
  • Last but not least I am thankful for all you who read and comment so often in my blog. It is amazing that you can build such a community nowadays without ever meeting those you begin to know and love as cyber family and friends.
I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and look forward to reading about all your holiday treats.

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Australia - but it looks like you had a good one. YUM! x

KeroppiJ said...

Yum yum! I wanna have Thanksgiving with Virgina next year!
Hi Virginia and family ;0)

Anonymous said...

Can I eat with all of you next year? Nice job on the apron!!!! Good for you!