Sunday, January 28, 2007

WIP Weekend Update - One of These Things is Not Like the Other

This weeks knitting was extensive. This whole two project things is kinda stressful because I guess I am very obsessive about the finished product of knitting even more than the process so I am speeding like a demon to get to the end of both of these. Hopefully next week I will mellow out a bit....breathe...

Doctor's Bag: My hands hurt. This project is giving me carpal tunnel. Big needles, double stranded, heavy knitting = yuck. The I see this:



One of these things is not like the other :O(

Well, it seems that the pattern may have some errata going on and since I have seen very little blogging on this bag, it may be that I am the first to find it.

Now I am no knitting expert but umm...that base sure is big. I have gotten measurements elsewhere that matched up pretty dang close, if not exact. This one is just HUGE. The pattern for this piece says to case on 78 sts but reading further in the pattern it tells me to pick up 60 stitches to attach it to the front. Well folks, where do the other 18 sts go????!!! ERRRRR!!! Did I mention my hands hurt? AND since this is knit lengthwise I have to do the whole thing over again. To top it off, I think I am going to run out of yarn! Me sad.

Apricot Jacket: I thank all those who came before me on this one because I am completely dependent on them. I even had to print out the pictures as my tool to follow more than the pattern itself. I am now at the shoulder decreases and need a minute to decipher the Engrish. So far I like the pattern but not a lover of cotton or cotton blends cause it shows so much stitch irregularity. I hope blocking and the slight blooming of the yarn that I experienced with the swatch will help with this.



Hee hee.. you can see my piggy banks booty in this pic


2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I love both projects though, especially the bag, I can't wait to see it felted.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that you are having a problem with the doctor's bag and hope that someone responds with some help. You know already that I love this bag. I wish I could help you but I was looking forward to your success so that I would have a guide when I try to make it. Hopefully someone will. In the meantime I will scour the web to see if I can find pattern corrections.
I think the Apricot Sweater is beautiful. It really looks great and I can't wait to see it's completion.