Sunday, July 30, 2006

Finished Object: Lady Eleanor Stole



Drum Roll Please.....may I present, Lady Eleanor!!!



(Click on image for larger view)


Yarn: Noro Silk Garden - Color way 205 and 213
Inspiration: Scarfstyle Book
Needles: Size 10.5
Yardage: 9 balls = 1098 yards + a little more, probably 1150 yards
Enjoyment Factor (1 to 10): 9.9 - The Good: Entrelac was a wonderful experience that made me feel like a seasoned knitter and knitting with Silk Garden was wonderful. The Bad: The yarn was expensive, this sucker is LLLLOOOONNNGGG
Time: June 30 - July 22 (approx. 3 weeks)



Ok, finally it is under 100 degrees outside (approximately 82F) so I figured it was time to post for Lady E. This was a really well written, easy pattern. I thought it would be mind boggling looking at how detailed everything looks but once you get going it goes by in no time. The pattern was also easy to memorize. I was a little disappointed after I blocked it as I blocked it too tight so it lost some of its rustic appeal, but I love it none the less. I think Lady E. was also an inspiration for me cleaning my patio because you have to have something elegant while knitting outside...right? Now if it only dropped below 95+ this weekend....

5 Comments:

carlita dee said...

Love the pic showing the stole's full-length with two little brown arms holding it up. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! It's gorgeous! I love how all the colors work together... well done, Mo!

Anonymous said...

Looks great! I love what you've done w/ your patio too, but yes, it does stink about the stucco!

Hooney said...

Your lady E looks great, very drappy. I like yours slightly more than mine.

Glaistig said...

You look absolutely lovely in your Lady Eleanor! Congratulations :) Now, if those Fall breezes would only make their arrival. . . .