Sunday, August 06, 2006

Finished Object - Clapotis Scarf


(Click picture for Larger View)


Yarn: Schachenmayr La Nova Ribbon Yarn
Time: ?? Don't remember
Inspiration: Knitty's Clapotis
Needles:10
Yardage: approx. 6 balls
Modifications: Did fewer increase, decrease an straight repeats, making it thinner and shorter


Finally got around to posting the pictures of my scarf length Clapotis. This was a stash buster for me. Well, I had 4 balls and had to buy 2 more to finish her off. I needed more at the end but I just decreased more rapidly to end the ball just before it was too late.


Normally I would have a shot of it being worn but (1) I don't like it that much as it is not quite big enough and it's stripey which is not really my thing and (2) I am too lazy to go back and truly showcase a project finished months ago. Instead I am making another Clapotis that is the actual Stole size and will show that one when it joins the FO listing.

2 Comments:

diosaperdida said...

Oh..it's the most stunning Clap ever! You should be proud.

Nikki said...

you don't like your clappy? it's just about the prettiest one i've seen. i thought you had to change colors on rows or something to get that. and i friggin love the colors.