Sunday, August 20, 2006

Finished Object: Shedir Hat




Yarn: Rowan Felted Tweed - Whisper 141
Inspiration: Knitty Shedir
Needles: Size 3
Yardage: 1 ball
Modifications: Yarn style and only 4 repeats instead of 5, but still turned out long enough to cover my ears. 3 repeats would have been better.
Enjoyment Factor: 7 - Good: Cabling was fun and kept my interest, love the pattern, Bad: Needle issues, 5 repeats of the cables is way too much, P2tog tbl (see yesterday's entry) enough said!
Knit Time: August 14 - 20


The shedir pattern is not for the faint of heart. It took me 7 days straight knitting to finish up. The size 3 knitting was not as bad as I thought it would be and went fast until I reached the decreasing. That is when all hell broke lose. The decreasing was long, my hands hurt, the needles were constantly a problem and I was on a mission to finish ASAP.


I took a lot of inspiration for the hat from Eunny (kinda feels like name dropping,as though she is my best friend) in terms of using the felted tweed, however, I should have followed her lead with only doing 3 repeats because mine came out long and I only did 4 repeats. I will do the pattern again, but not anytime soon. I highly recommend learning to cabling without the cable needle . I discovered this a quite late in the process but would have helped me immensely.

0 Comments: