Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Escape the Chair!!

I must escape the chair! If you don't know what I mean check out this Reebok commercial which explains EXACTLY how I feel right now.


Now I know I am a bit of a nerd and a recluse but this is getting ridiculous. I have spent the past 5 days holed up in my house, with the exception of minor stints at work. My chair and computer have completely sucked me in. Between knitting and reading blogs, which has become an addiction, I have sat in this chair for the majority of my waking hours.





I do have an excuse though as I wasn't feeling well and found out that I have Bronchitis to blame it on (Note: box of tissue in picture, cup of tea, and Vicks container). Since I never go to the doctors when sick, only for the annual checkups, I didn't even know where to go and get my prescription filled. Thank goodness I stumbled on a RiteAid with a big sign that said PHARMACY.


Knitwise, I started on the Pink Mimosa Tank from Interweave Summer 2006.





Not very many people are knitting this on the web but I did find a very lovely blue one here and a grey one in progress here. Hmmm....I guess mine would be green Mimosa. Although it was not on my list, I had an epiphany at the end of the Shedir hat that this pattern would go well with the Green Cotton Twist yarn from my now dead Kyoto Sweater.


Yes, I did say that Kyoto was dead to me. The would be first sweater is now being dismantled for the sake of a newer knitting idea. I just couldn't bring myself to do finish it. The measurement, although a loose fitting sweater anyway, would have been too big as I casted on for that about a year ago and have since lost 20 lbs. So I felt justified in killing it off. I also killed of the Criss Cross Shrug that was on Hiatus because one, I am pass the garter stitch stage of my knitting and two, it appeared on You Knit What? and I am just a little too vain to let that go.


Speaking of new projects, I am also eyeing Knitpicks Wool of the Andes for use on the Sunshine Circular Jacket. Hope it is not too scratchy or at least not more scratchy than Noro, but I may have to order a sample skein. Anyway I am making progess on the back of the Mimosa and will keep you posted.

0 Comments: