Thursday, August 10, 2006

On a Knitting Mission

Odessa is moving along smoothly. I think I am well on my way to my goal of finishing it by this weekend so that I can start the Shedir hat. I even already bought my #3, 16" Circulars so I am rearing to go.


My other knitting related project for this weekend is to make a circular needle case. I have seen so many variations on the internet but decided to go the cheap...I mean inexpensive route by taking a placemat and napkin from Target and stitching them together. Sounds weird, we you will see the finished project come Sunday so you will have to wait and see.


I am hoping this will quench my desire to sew for a little while. It keeps coming up as a crafting alternative but I know that I am obsessive and will have to have every gadget and fabric on the planet. Delving into this new universe of crafting would definitely put me off my goal of budgeting.


Must resist...but resistance may be futile (if you didn't already know I am a HUGE Star Trek fan)

2 Comments:

diosaperdida said...

Yeah..I cant see paying what they want for those circ holders..it's so easy to make them!

Also I use a toothbrush carry case...those plastic things for double pointed needles..cheap.

nihal said...

yeah.. i need a circ. needle holder too. hmm another thing bothering me is that i have to keep the package they came in to keep track of their sizes. it drives me nuts.. gotta find a solution for that... hmmm...