Sunday, September 10, 2006

Finishing Line

Now when I say finishing line it has a bit of a double meaning. I am nearing the end on green mimosa, having knit the back and side panels, but now the finishing begins. I hear that this is where a project is made or broken for some people so I am a little hesitant to proceed. I mean it would stink to have gotten all this way to have crummy seaming going on. Now on minor projects like the bag, which I will be getting handles for on Wednesday, I seamed that baby with no concern as I didn't really put more than a day into it, but with a 3 week vest/tank thing I am a little more concerned about how it looks. Admittedly, I am also a bit of a perfectionist. Not in the since that I am perfect or everything necessarily has to be perfect but more like:

"A person with perfectionistic demands hates failure of any type. They will often avoid challenge that they determine as too difficult rather than take the chance of failing."

I have found my knitting line in the sand and its name is finishing. So on that note, I am going to block my pieces and start on the Sunrise Circle Jacket while I get out of the perfectionist rut I am in on finishing.

Here is the color I chose





It is the Peruvian Highland in Harvest Heather from Elann. It is much more beautiful in person as is the Spiced Wine color I sampled. I love these colors!

I order enough for the jacket which should get here in Monday or Tuesday and a few extra balls of yarn for some future project, including the Olive Night for the cabled jacket from last post.

0 Comments: