Monday, September 18, 2006

Getting A Head

So normally when I am away from Blogging it is because I have nothing to blog about and since this is a knitting blog that essential means I have not been knitting.

HOWEVER...in this case it is exactly the opposite. I have not blogged because I have been knitting wildly for days on end with the hopes of having some finished product and or more finished pieces at least. But alas I am without something knitwise that is blog worthy. Besides I am not much for WIP photography unless it speaks to me and motivate me to take a picture. So here is the knitted hem of my Sunrise Circle Jacket which I am loving.



I keep trying it on as I knit the Left Front which is as far as I have gotten so far.

On my Green Mimosa (aka pink mimosa), I have all the main stockinette pieces but have to get to the seaming. Deadline will be this weekend for seaming.

My Easy Peasy Bag was just that until the seaming was necessary. That too has taken a backburner due to finishing.

On other fronts, I received my yarn of the month samples and am loving the Karabella Soft Tweed. I was kinda sad that I did not use it on the Sunrise Circle Jacket, but then I looked up the cost of the yarn and once again realized why I chose the much more inexpensive wool alternative.

In other news, I have acquired more knitting accessories.

Hedera's Introduction

Everyone meet Hedera, my new African American hat model. As you can see she is currently modeling Odessa for her introductory shoot.




I found her at the Long Beach Antique Market which I loved. I went with a fellow knitter from my Long Beach Stitch and Bitch group. It was great. We walked almost the entire 20 acres of "Stuff" resulting in exhaustion and dehydration. There was just so much to see I couldn't pull myself away from going down "just one more aisle". Afterwards we ate at Open Sesame in Long Beach and had the best Fried Potatoes. I highly recommend this restaurant if you are in the area.

Adrienne Vittadini Arrives

I have been waiting for my copy of the Adrienne Vittadini Fall 2003 pattern book for a week after purchasing it off of Destash for Cash. I was so happy when it came because not only did it have the pattern for one of the future knits but also had some other patterns that I will add to my might knits.




Which all in all makes this pattern book a great buy


Lord Of the Yarn (gratuitous kitty alert)

My kitties fought over who would get to play with my yarn as I knit my SCJ.





As you can see Kira won



1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, those kitty shots are great! I love your model too. Odessa looks simply smashing!