Sunday, October 15, 2006

The Damage is Done...

Now I do realize that I was kinda asking for help in vain. 1) It is was a beautiful Saturday afternoon and most people are out an about, not blogging about needing to stay at home and 2) my plea for help was kinda like asking practicing alcoholics to be your AA sponsor. I am not saying that knit blogger don't have control or drink heavily, I am just saying that going to the knitting world and complaining about yarn was just not the best of ideas.

So, because I am weak are now the first to see my new stash enhancements.

New Vogue Knitting Holiday 2006



I have been waiting for this for weeks. I thought I would have to wait until Tuesday but behold, Yarn Lady had it. The patterns I previewed are still the ones I liked the best. The other are not really that great in my opinion.

3 balls of Koigu KPM -



These are for the Mermaid Gloves by Craftoholic which is an adaptation of the Pomatomus sock. Since the Fetching gloves don't need to be done until December, these are going to be casted on for today.

3 wooden cable needles and size 1 DPN



I was pretty excited about these as since one of my SnB group members and fellow knit blogger mentioned these to me. I almost forgot about them until I was shopping around and saw them. Perfect timing since I am working on the Fetching gloves which have cabling involved.

I also bought some cheapy Susan Bates double pts so I could get started on the gloves.

Internet buys

To top it off the knitting accumulation spree, I also placed an order for Knitpicks needles mentioned in last post and a copy of Hip Graphic Knits

Unrelated Shopping

In addition to the knitting haul I also stopped at Ross and did some shopping. It wasn't too bad, just some stuff for work. The funny part was that I was also looking for a shirt to match my new yarn. I did find a great dress though. Anyone who knows me has fainted in disbelief as I don't wear dresses but I think it will also look great with jeans underneath. That will be the closest I have come to a dress since graduating from high school (read: a long time).

So all in all my wallet is lighter but so are my spirits...thanks yarn.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice haul! I am always trying to figure out if I should buy clothes to match my yarn or yarn to match my clothes. You better be careful with that dress with jeans thing. That's how I started, and now I'm wearing dresses left and right!