Thursday, October 05, 2006

SP9 Questionnaire

Thanks goodness they posted the Secret Pal 9 Questionnaire so that I have something to blog about. Just so you know, I am still trudging away on the Sunrise Circle Jacket. But for my Secret Pal, here are my details.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Hmm, my favorite yarns... Well I like S. Charles Ritratto Yarn, Elann Highland Wool, Touch Me...pretty much everything except Acrylic. Now I have had my share of Lions Brand knits but they always seem to pill or feel scratchy and plastic like so I will pass.


2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?


Um, well they are in my makeshift,poorly made needle case that I made. I need to find a better way to store them but for now they are all together. I got some cool needle markers from Knitpicks so at least I can identify the sizes, but I need to get more as the needles keep appearing from UFOs

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I have been knitting for 2 years now and I learned in a Beginners knitting class. I would probably consider myself an intermediate knitter but I love the challenge of hard projects. I have even been accused of wanting only to knit the hardest pattern in a book. Talk about masochism.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

I actually have my wishlist on the sidebar of my blog with links

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)

I love scents!! I love scented lotions, oils, bath products, and perfumes. I am not much of a candle person because I am afraid of my cats catching on fire and burning down the apartment (not necessary happening at the same time)

My favorite scents are roses, flowers, coconut, lime...pretty much everything but musk.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Not a huge sweets fan. But I do love the Godiva Raspberry Caramel Duets. I have to get one every time I see a Godiva store

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

Photography, cooking, and I will be taking a sewing class in October. Nope, don't spin.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

All kinds, except Country. Yup, I can play MP3s.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?


Favorites: Lime Green, Dark Reds, Dark/Burnt Orange, Brown

Don't Like: White, Pink (at least solid pink),

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?


Single with two cats. And I have to say, if you can mail be Taye Diggs or The Rock, you will be the best secret pal ever!!

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

Love scarves!! Not really a hat, mittens or poncho type of gal

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?


Scarves, but I am branching out into sweaters which I am enjoying immensely

13. What are you knitting right now?


Sunrise Circle Jacket and the IWK Pink Mimosa Vest

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Love them!! Especially is the maker truly has me in mind when making it.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Metal Circulars, KnitPicks Options to be exact. Love love love them. I also like bamboo, but not a fan of plastic.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

A ball winder..yes. Swift...No, but I need one.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

Just ripped out my year old Kyoto Sweater to make the Pink Mimosa

18. What is your favorite holiday?

The ones where you get a day off. Not really partial to any holiday and have found a new dislike for Christmas due to the headache and ingratitude from gift recipients

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Oh boy, is there anything I DON'T collect? I am materialistic. I love things. I collect Star Trek action figures, Magazines (Photography, Knitting), cookbooks

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

Check my wish list cause I have lots! However, I don't have any knitting magazine subscriptions but wouldn't mind one for Vogue Knitting or Interweave

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Sock knitting and getting better at lace.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Not yet, but I kinda want to start. I have a 12W in Women, size 11 in Men so that is why I am a little scared of the whole knitting socks thing. Also, I am either a self-striping or a slight variegated solid sock yarn kinda gal. I REALLY don't like Regia or Lorna's Laces type of yarns that have funky colors cause if I knit socks I want to do the cool pattern (read: Pomatomus and Ripple Weave)

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)


March 4th. I am a Pisces by birth but have decided that I am more like a Taurus.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

My birthday is March 5!

Anonymous said...

OH, good gracious...you are going to be fun! Be on the lookout for a SP9 Welcome package!
Your pal.