Thursday, December 28, 2006

FO: Yuletide Gnome





Can I tell you how excited I am to have made this gnome?!! He is so cute! I happened to stumble upon the Knitting Gnome KAL and had to make him. I have seem so many cool gnomes since then. This one was made for my best friend who loves gnomes so I thought it would be perfect as one of her Christmas presents.

Yarn: Paton's Classic Merino Wool in Grey and Red, and random acrylic for face color.
Inspiration: Simply Knitting 05 Yuletide Gnome
Needles: Size 3 for gnome, Size 6 for beard
Yardage: Ummmm...not a whole lot. You can probably make 3 gnomes out of the yardage in the Paton's Yarn balls
Modifications:
  • I knit the brim of the hat differently. This was pure accident though
  • I knit the beard on 6's. This came to mind after checking out the posts over at YummyYarn
Enjoyment Factor:10!
  • The Good: Everything about this pattern (except for maybe the seaming) was good. It knit up fairly quickly in between my other Christmas knitting. I absolutely love the way this gnome came out. I had to play with him a little...so here he is

Mr gnomey was tired after a hard first day of life


So I made him a cup of coffee and we talked about life as a gnome
  • The Bad: I would have to say the seaming is a bit much especially with the little thumbs. But I don't mind it SOOO much so it was okay.
  • The Ugly: No so much an ugly as an unexpected. This gnome is HUGE. I did knit the large size and probably should have paid more attention to the finished specs but I was still amazed at how big it was. Here is a picture for comparison


Knit Time: December 13 - December 23

** Since this has come up in the past I would like to add this little disclaimer: since this is not my pattern I cannot distribute it so please do not ask. Thanks in advance

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a cute gnome....as far as gnomes go. Hope you had a Merry Christmas...did you get your Christmas package? I worry so with holiday shipping. Happy New Year, Monique!!!! Your SP9

Jade said...

That is so cute! And I like how you review your FOs!

Thanks for stopping by my blog too! =) I am kind of leaning more towards the CPH too. Hehe.

Anonymous said...

Love him!

All the best for 2007. x

Mrs. Hipp said...

OMG, your gnome is way too cute! I want to make one too!

SandraD. said...

You are right Monique...that is the cute-y-est Gnome ever! and WoW...You take super great photos, I am jealous. See you at SnB! Sandra D.