Sunday, December 31, 2006

Year in Review - Crafting 2006



1. Yuletide Gnome; 2. London Beanie #1; 3. Fetching Gloves; 4. First Apron; 5. Downtown Purse; 6. Snake Charmers; 7. Odessa; 8. Sunrise Circle Jacket; 8. Shedir; 9. Perdita; 10. Lady Eleanore; 11. Clapotis

2006 was a pretty short knitting year for me as the I spent the first 6 months unmotivated to knit. Finally the bug hit with during the July 4th weekend where I began knitting the Lady Eleanor Stole. After that is was an exercise in finding more and more complicated knitting projects. These were, of course, time consuming projects so this year was a reflection on quality versus quantity. Here are some of the items I finished up for 2006. I have a few more that still need to make it to there destination so I will have to add them later (more for my benefit than yours)

So taking a page from Lolly's book, here is a little questionnaire regarding my year in knitting:
  • What is your absolute favorite project you've ever knit (one that fulfilled both process and product)?
    • That would have to be my Sunrise Circle Jacket. This has been my pride and joy this year as it was my first sweater and fits like a dream. I have received many compliments on it
  • Which of your hand knits do you wear the most often?
    • Once again it would be the Sunrise Circle Jacket, hands down
  • What was your favorite gift to knit?
    • Definitely the Yuletide Gnome. I had a hard time giving that one away. He was soooo cute. I didn't think I would like him at first but now I am a little sad to have seen him go.
  • Which of your hand knits are gathering dust your closet?
    • I am sad to say my Lady Eleanor has not seen the light of day since she was knit. I pull her out every once in a while to see if I can figure out how to wear her properly, but inevitably she finds her way back to the closet.
  • Which of your hand knits have you gotten rid of?
    • Ahh...the never finished Kyoto Sweater, which would have looked like a sac on me, was frogged to make way for the Green Mimosa. Hopefully the Mimosa will survive the dreaded hiatus state cause this yarn has been reincarnated too may times already.
  • If you've knit socks, what is your favorite pattern?
    • Well, I started my first sock this year so by default it would be the Jaywalker sock pattern
  • What have you learned about your craft in 2006?
    • That I shouldn't be too afraid of the unknown technique as they can all be figured out if I don't think TOO hard about it. They normally go bad when I start second guessing myself.
  • What events/sites have you particularly enjoyed in the blogosphere in 2006?
    • I am not much of a knitalong person, more of a finish and show along type, but I have to say I have enjoyed watching the Knitting Olympics, Sock Wars and Socktoberfest
  • What would you like to make in 2007?
    • Wow this question isn't a hard one, just a really long one. I have a full list of things I would like to make in 2007 that reflect a wide world of new techniques for me. Here are my current top picks for 2007:

3 Comments:

craftyminx said...

Could you please tell me where the pattern for the red bag is found? Its lovely! Your finished projects are fabulous.

Brina said...

I am bookmarking your FlickR feed. Really gorgeous choices there. You have such fab taste!

(Longtime reader, first time poster)

Anonymous said...

I love that Fair Isle cardigan! Is it a Rowan pattern?