Saturday, December 09, 2006

Yarn Lady Bag Sale 2006

So I decided this year that i would go to the Yarn Lady Bag Sale. The last time I attended a Bag Sale back in June of 2005. Last time I was a newbie - slowly deciding on yarns, immediately throwing back if I wasn't 100% sure, and floundering as the veteran Bag Sale knitters piled their bags high with impulse grabs and widdled the lot down after casing the racks at least 3 or 4 times.

This year, however, I was the veteran. I got there and grabbed, grabbed, grabbed. Before I thinned the herd of yarn bags I swear I must have had $1000 in the blue Ikea bag of doom. But coming to my senses, I ended up buying enough yarn for two sweaters. Here is the loot:


Some Fare Baruffa - 7 Settembre and GGH Samoa.
**Cats were not included

One of the highlights of the sale was meeting Mrs.Hipp who is a new addition to the knitting blog universe. Our meeting happened as I was grabbing wildly for bags when I heard "are you the Nubian Craftster?" Although I have never been called by my blog name I immediately answered with an ear to ear smile of "Yes!". She knew me by my Sunrise Circle Jacket, which I of course was wearing. We chatted a while as we continued to throw bags around in search of the perfect colors.

This is just one more example that the world is so much smaller with the internet in action. Needless to say you should take a moment to go visit her and encourage her to knit knit knit...so that we can read read read about it. Thank goodness for Bloglines.

0 Comments: