Sunday, December 10, 2006

Small Town

Muncie, Indiana

No I cannot forget where it is that I come from
I cannot forget the people who love me
Yeah, I can be myself here in this small town
And people let me be just what I want to be

- John Mellencamp

Last week I had some family business that took me to Indiana. This is the kind of family business that comes with an notorious early morning phone call and hastily made travel plans. Although these times are never what you want, they often bring you gifts that you would never have expected or thought to wish for.

My gifts were meeting a family that I had never met, both related and unrelated to me. I met a quilter who participates in quilted postcard swaps and is designing her own quilt pattern. I experienced the freezing weather of a small town (never above 25F, and reaching as low as 11F before we left), and the culture that goes along with it.

While there I took some pictures to remember my small town visit and the wonderful family that I will always remember and hope to visit again.

Muncie, Indiana

Muncie, Indiana

Muncie, Indiana

Muncie, Indiana

3 Comments:

KeroppiJ said...

Wow Monique!
Your pictures are beautiful!!!
Don't forget to post them on your MoPix blog ;0)

Deborah said...

precious prose, precious pictures...

BrownBerry said...

These pictures, and your story are just inspiring!