Thursday, January 26, 2006

Creativity Validated!!

Oh happy day. I have to admit the day started out pretty crappy. Just a lot of unfortunate events culimating into a slightly bad attitude. I don't think anyone else noticed but I was not feeling very perky today.


One main reason was that I thought I lost my keys since I had not seen my main set since Sunday. I was kinda okay with it until I realized this morning that it would cost over $100 to replace my apartment and mail keys. I said because this is going to cost me an arm and a leg. So I resolved to find them by doing a full cleaning of my house. I ended up finding them under a pot holder in a drawer...very random. However, this did allow me to open my mailbox which had two VERY good things:


1) The two balls of yarn I need to finish my clapotis. This was a stashbusting project that I had to buy more yarn to bust. Kinda contradictory but what are ya gonna do.


2) I just found out the my photograph was selected as a finalist for the Photographers Forum Best of College Photography Annual 2006. Here it is if you want to see it. Out of 28000 photographs mine was in the top 5%. Who would have guessed? I will get published, for the first time, and could even win the 1st through 4th prize. Wish me luck because if I win, I am using my winnings to go to Stitches West 2006 in Santa Clara!

1 Comment:

Nettie said...

Congrats on being chosen. I am a new reader of your blog. I have been looking for Black bloggers who have the same spunk as some of the others that I read. I have been here everyday since I followed your link on craftster.