Friday, January 27, 2006

My Olympic Event has Changed...but my Teams Allegiances Stay the Same

So I was going to knit the Peacock Feathers Shawl, but who was I kidding. My first time knitting in lace and finishing a shawl that measures about 80" in straight lace. Not even I am that delusional...well...


So I decided to look a little further and found this round neck lace pullover from one of my knitting magazines, Filatura di Crosa Fall/Winter 2004 Collection.





This is the magazine where I got my shrug idea from too. This will still provide quite a bit of challenges as (1) I have never done lace (2) I have never done this level of finishing (2) I have not yet finished a sweater. This will also allow me to bust some stash by using my Rowan Felted Tweed yarn for the top portion. The bottom may require new yarn though.


I was also happy to bring the Knitting Olympics out of the cyberworld to the LYS knitting world in Orange County. It is funny how close knit (hee hee check the pun) the online world is...so much so that I forgot that some people don't even know about the Knitting Olympics. I told the shop owner at my local LYS and she said she was going to check it out.

I also have a special thanks for JenLa for granting my request for a Stashbusting Team Button.




This is my goal for this Olympics as well. I am glad I have all my online buddies to keep me company.

2 Comments:

Vera said...

Wow, that sweater is very nice. I need to look into that pattern.

I'm currently swatching for my sweater for the Knitting Olympics.

I like learning and challenging myself as a knitter too, and I think this will be a fun event.

Anonymous said...

You are in OC, CA??? I live in Long Beach! We should me up for a knit-together or something...Not to be too stalkerish or anything.